Cyber Security & IT Professional
Highly-skilled and diverse cyber security minded team leader / systems administrator / web developer & digital marketer offering over 20 years of professional experience in a wide variety of technical and leadership roles. A dedicated employee and proven leader that specializes in cyber security and cloud based solutions, Linux, MacOS and Windows-based environments. Demonstrates continual proficiency for maintaining optimal performance while utilizing extensive knowledge of system operations to implement process improvements. Seeking to make an immediate contribution in a challenging new environment and maintain a reputation based on creativity, professionalism, and uncompromising ethics. Recently achieved certification in Cyber Security Fundamentals as well as Advanced Cyber Security at York University School of Continuing Studies with the ultimate goal of obtaining the (ISC)2 CISSP designation.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Building rootless, non-root containerized environments. Linux containers and pods, Kubernetes and Helm, Cyber security, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, Metasploit, BurpSuite, OWASP ZAP, Proxy chaining, NMAP, NMAP Scripting Engine and WebMAP report generator, DevSecOps, system automation, infrastructure, orchestration and configuration management, Nomad / Terraform / Consul / Vault. DigitalOcean, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, RedHat OpenShift & RHEL 8, Arch Linux, Ansible, SaltStack. Continuous Integration / Deployment pipelines, GitHub / GitLab, DockerHub, Artifactory. BASH, ZSH, Go, Python and Ruby scripting. Kali Linux, OpenSCAP.
Doug Clarke - Cyber Security & IT Contractor
2019 - Present
- Tailored risk and vulnerability assessments and remediation solutions.
- Custom built infrastructure and security implementations to provide enterprise grade business features.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- IT operations and management consulting.
- Custom PHP application and web development.
Instant Marketing Systems - IT Director / Manager
2007 - DECEMBER 2018
- Managed the confluence of marketing & sales teams, design teams, project managers, quality assurance and client services.
- Technical design and implementation of multi-channel, multi-step automated digital marketing systems and campaigns for various clients of various niche markets.
- Performed various performance, compliance and best practice audits on customer websites.
- Deploy and maintain commercial Wordpress based websites and e-commerce solutions with development / staging environments.
- Deployed and maintained all of the businesses core, commercial, development and custom Linux VPS hosting systems.
- Developed and maintained a custom built client management and marketing solution using PHP, NodeJS and integrating several web APIs for extended functionality.
- DNS, firewall and backup management for the business and the client systems.
- Managed bare-metal systems hosted on CentOS with IBM SoftLayer and eventually performed a migration to Ubuntu DigitalOcean VPS systems resulting in tripling the capacity at a fraction of the operational cost.
- Setup and admin of the company e-mail and cloud infrastructure including RingCentral phone system, Google Apps for Business (G-Suite), Authorized Google Business G-Suite Reseller and Google Cloud accounts for business development using Google Apps APIs.
- Worked with several marketing, messaging and automation platforms such as IFTTT, Zapier, InfusionSoft, SendInBlue, AWeber, Constant Contact, MailChimp and many more.
- Received official InfusionSoft training at InfusionSoft University Course in Toronto, 2015.
Noizex - IT Contractor / Freelance
2004 - 2006
- Custom website and graphic design.
- Web server and PHP optimization solutions.
- E-mail campaign design and implementation solutions.
- Provide LAMP style web and e-mail hosting services on dedicated systems.
Infinet Communications - System Administrator
- Built RedHat linux web development environment systems and deployed the hardware at the Q9 data center in Toronto.
- Deployed development projects to staging systems and worked with QA teams to ensure project stability.
- Provided MacOS support to the creative team.
Look Communications - Network Security & Abuse Manager
2001 - 2003
- Managed an ISP network security, abuse and extended support team with employees providing 24 / 7 / 365 abuse monitoring and e-mail support from multiple locations around the Greater Toronto Area.
- Worked with call center managers in the head office to provide efficient, effective and timely support solutions.
- Utilize access to various core Cisco and 3Com routers, Bridgewater radius / authentication and Linux log servers to manage system abuse issues.
- Work with the internal legal department and the RCMP to obtain information in regards to severe network abuse issues.
Internet Direct - Technical Support Specialist
- Senior e-mail technical support team.
- Senior residential technical phone support covering dial up Internet support, e-mail, newsgroup and proxy configurations and IRC related issues.
- Corporate technical phone support covering ISDN / network connection issues, commercial website / e-mail hosting issues.
York University School of Continuing Studies
- Cyber Security Fundamentals
- Advanced Cyber Security
York University School of Continuing Studies 2019 - 2020
- Cyber Security CSCY 1000-1050
Sinclair Secondary School 1998
- OSSD Graduate
- OSSD Business Diploma